I’ve had a great week working with teachers and Mrs. Custer to get ready for the year, but I’m ready for my favorite day of the year to get here— the first day of school! It’s going to be great.
As we gear up for next week, here are three important things you need to know/remember:
- If you were unable to attend the parent orientation meeting last night or if you need another copy of the information handout in the folders, you can download them using the links below.
Orientation Packet #1 (Download PDF)
Orientation Packet #2 (Download PDF)
- Remember to check out our Classroom Resources Page for the Safety Patrol schedule, class policies, helpful links, important dates, curriculum information, and everything else that may be important.
- Our class will lead chapel next week beginning on Monday. Even though I haven’t had a chance to talk with any of the students (which I plan to do for future chapel weeks), here is the schedule for next week:
- Scripture Reading— Jonah (Psalm 139:1-6)
- Song— Aidan "This Is The Day"
- Prayer— Leo (Going Out: "Jesus Loves the Little Children")
- Pledge and Song— Abby and Kaylin "God Bless America"
- Scripture Reading— Carson (Psalm 139:7-12)
- Song— Gus "I Will Enter His Gates"
- Prayer— Luke (Going Out: "Jesus Loves Me")
- Pledge and Song— Lily and Micah "There Are Many Flags"
- Scripture reading— Jude (Psalm 139:13-16)
- Song— Robert "This Little Light"
- Prayer— Hayden (Going Out: "Come, Let Us Sing")
- Pledge and Song— Ella, Sterling, and Aster "My Country Tis of Thee"
- Scripture Reading— Aidan (Psalm 139:17-18)
- Song— Connor "The Lord Reigns"
- Prayer— Austin (Going Out "As The Deer")
- Pledge and Song— Elizabeth and Stella "You’re a Grand Old Flag"
- Scripture Reading— Robert (Psalm 139:23-24)
- Song— Austin "Seek Ye First"
- Prayer— Luke (Going Out: "Love Is Something If You Give It Away")
- Pledge and Song— Karson, Abby, and Lily "The Star Spangled Banner"
What We’re Learning Next Week
This week, we’re going to focus on four things:
- Class Building
- Team Building
- Classroom Routines
- Classroom Expectations
Academically, we’ll spend time in each subject area going over a basic overview and doing some small, fun activities. We’ll get after it next week.
- Bible— Intro
- Reading/Vocab— Intro
- Science— Intro
- Math— Intro; IXL Diagnotics
- Spelling— Intro; IXL Diagnostics
- English— Intro; IXL Diagnostics
- Writing— Intro; Narrative/Journaling
Next Week’s Memory Verse
- No memory verse this week
Next Week’s Spelling List
- No spelling list this week
Next Week’s Tests & Quizzes
- No tests or quizzes this week
- No upcoming projects (yet)
Important Dates & Upcoming Events
- Friday, August 9— School Supply Drop-Off Day (8:00-10:00 AM)
- Monday, August 12
- First Day of School
- 5th Grade Leads Chapel (all week)
- No Pizza; Little Bites will be served (log in to place order)
- Tuesday, August 13— Pizza Forms Due
- Friday, August 16— Kona Ice ($3-$6; money will be collected in class during the week)
Resource of the Week
Class ShowMe Page (video tutorials)