“God knows our hearts and our desires,
and if He called us to lead,
then the best things He wants us to do
are ahead of us, not behind us."
author, The Most Excellent Way to Lead
I came across this earlier in the week, and I knew that I would share it today.
I’m certain God called each of us to CAC for this specific school year, and I’m certain He called each of us here to lead our students.
This has been a great year so far, but I’m certain the best things He wants us to do are ahead of us, not behind us.
- We had a great turnout for Sunday’s Honor Induction ceremony as we inducted 113 new members into NJHS, NHS, Beta Club, and Mu Alpha Theta. Club sponsors Jan Penrod, Kathy Holland, and Christy Sherrill did a great job organizing the event and making everything run so smoothly. Being part of our honor clubs is a big deal for our students, and I’m thankful so many students qualify.
- Tuesday's 8th grade Reality Fair was a great reality check for several of our students. TruService provides a great experience for our students to get a glimpse into the real world. A big thanks goes to Jan Penrod, Sonya Gates, Carrie Vick, and all of our parent volunteers for helping with the fair.
- Our English and Reading Interim Aspire tests have gone really well this week thanks to Carrie Vick. Carrie has worked well with our teachers making sure they have everything they need to administer tests, especially when we’ve had subs filling in to administer the tests.
- With the flu going around, we’ve had quite a week with teachers out and classes needing to be covered. A HUGE shoot-out goes to Shelby Lillard for arranging subs and getting classes covered, and also a big thanks goes to everyone who has willingly filled in as needed. Hopefully, the flu season is almost over.
- The NHS blood drive was really successful on Wednesday. Jan Penrod and our seniors did a fantastic job, and a big thanks goes to Travis Kaye for letting us use the choir room.
- With Coach Spencer out this week, Blake McNair stepped up several times subbing for Bradley— both in the classroom and on the court. Coach McNair did an outstanding job filling in and accepting so many additional roles.
- The re-enrollment deadline was yesterday, and Lisa Lancaster deserves a HUGE shout-out for her work in getting applications processed. Lisa worked several evenings and weekend afternoons to make sure the process went smoothly for everyone— so I’m sure she’s happy we made it through the re-enrollment period. Also, Rachel Brackins, Chad Tappe, and Danny Sullivan definitely deserve a shout-out for this re-enrollment gem.
- Today— Lights Up Day Tour (8:00-11:30)
- Monday, Feb. 5- Friday, Feb. 9— Aspire Math & Science Interim Assessments (grades 6-9)
- Tuesday, Feb. 6— Bowling Conference Match (Jonesboro; all day)
- Wednesday, Feb. 7
- Monthly Faculty Meeting (7:30; Library)
- 8th Grade UALR Field Trip
- Friday, Feb. 9
- Split Chapel (Boys- auditorium; Girls- atrium)
- Winter Sports Senior Night
- Saturday, Feb. 10— ACT Testing
- Friday, Feb. 16— Faculty Inservice Day (8:00-3:30)
- Tuesday, Feb. 20— 7th & 8th Grade Schedule Change (final one!)
- Tuesday, Feb.20-Thursday, Feb. 22— College Tour
Anything missing? If so, please let me know.
Responsibilities for the Week of February 5-9
- Cafeteria AM— A. Kyle
- Cafeteria PM— I. Thomas
- Parking Lot AM— S. Quattlebaum
- Parking Lot PM— Help Needed— any takers?
- HS Lunch— L. Noble & D. Sullivan
- MS Lunch— T. Hodges & Friends
- Chapel— C. Morse
- Monday— C. Morse
- Tuesday— C. Morse
- Wednesday— Worshipful Wednesday
- Thursday— Intercom Chapel
- Friday— Split Chapel (Boys- auditorium; Girls- atrium)
- Detention— T. Shoemaker
Remember, it is your responsibility to find a replacement if you are unable to cover your assigned duty. Click here for duty schedule.
- Wednesday, February 7— Monthly Faculty Meeting (7:30; Library)
Resources Worth Checking Out For Personal and Professional Growth
4 Values (in rank order)
- Model Christ
- Safety & Security
- School First
- Quality Instruction
Important School Documents & Links
- ACT Aspire Tutorial Video (password: cacaspire)
- Arkansas Department of Education Professional Development Requirements
- Arkansas Learn360 Online Professional Development Login Page
- Bell Schedules PDF
- Book Distribution and Return Form
- Bus Driving Sign-Up
- CAC Library Online Catalog
- Classroom Observation Rubric (ELEOT)
- Class Sponsors & Meeting Information
- CAC Calendars (Computer Labs & Carts Sign-Up Pages)
- Daily Announcements (CAC Website)
- Copy of Daily Memo & Attendance
- Duty Schedule (Spring 2018)
- ELEOT Classroom Observation Sign-Up
- ELEOT Observation Information & Rubric
- Master Schedule Spring 2018
- Middle School Bell Schedule Chart
- School Policies & Forms (CAC Website)
- Secondary Campus Faculty Appendix
- Semester Evaluation Conference Meeting Sign Up
- Semester Test Schedule
- Sports Schedules— Winter (CAC Website)
- Student Handbook
- Teacher Evaluation Form
- Work Request Form
Click here for Friday Thoughts archive.