(Click image to view more pictures from Thursday’s Day of Service)
Even though the weather didn’t cooperate as we had hoped it would, our school came through in a big way for our ACCESS Gators Meet / Day of Service. It’s a day when we’re at our best. Thank you for your hard work, positive attitudes, and willingness to help.
I love pausing from the daily grind to give students and teachers opportunities to step up and serve others alongside each other.
Thursday was not about us. It was about loving and serving others. Unfortunately, that’s not on any standardized test I know of, but it’s a lesson worth learning each year.
Thursday was one of the best days of the school year and we were at our best. It’s a day the ACCESS athletes look forward to, and it’s one our students will always remember.
- This year’s Lights Up tour was a huge success as the troupe performed 21 times during their trip to Dallas. A big thanks goes to Jenna Thomas for her leadership of such an amazing group.
- The 6th grades made it safely to and from Space Camp last week, and they had blast! A big thanks goes to Jimmy Teigen and Kassandra Allison for leading the group of students while Tamara Hodges held down the fort here.
- On Friday, Chris Morse took the football linemen on a retreat to Hot Springs. The guys spent Friday and Saturday together talking life, faith, and football, while strengthening their relationships with each other. The guys had a great time, and they were all thankful Coach Morse gave up his weekend to be with them.
- Thursday’s ACCESS Gators Meet/ Day of Service didn’t quite go as planned due to the weather, but a big thanks goes to everyone who had to modify and adjust their plans. While some groups missed out on some service opportunities, overall is was a successful day and good for our school. Thanks for everyone’s help that day!
- Tuesday, April 23
- Senior Night— Soccer/Track
- 8th Grade Parent Meeting (evening)
- Wednesday, April 24
- Faculty Meeting— Aspire Testing Information (7:30 AM; Library)
- Junior High & Varsity Conference Track Meet on Mustang Mountain
- Thursday, April 25
- Final Family Chapel Day
- Friday, April 26
- ACT Aspire Summative Testing (Grades 6-9) from 8:00-2:00
- No School for Grades 10-12
- Parade of Dates— 6:00 PM
- JR/SR Banquet
- Monday, April 29
- NLR Time Capsule Opening (library; during chapel; for seniors who attended NLR CAC elementary)
- Tuesday, April 30
- Yearbook Presentation and Awards (chapel)
- Wednesday, May 1
- Athletic Awards (chapel)
- Friday, May 3
- Week B for 7th & 8th grade 4th period rotations
- Monday, May 6
- Spring Choir Concert
- Tuesday, May 7
- Academic Awards Presentation (chapel)
- Wednesday, May 8
- AP English 12 Exam
- Thursday, May 9
- Senior Exams Day #1
- AP Chemistry Exam
- Friday, May 10
- Senior Exams Day #2
- APUSH Exam
- NJHS at CAC NLR Elementary Field Day (all day)
- Monday, May 13
- Senior Exams Day #3
- Tuesday, May 14
- Senior Exams (Make-ups)
- AP Calculus Exam
- Senior Day (adjusted schedule; chapel at end of the day)
- Wednesday, May 15
- AP English 11 Exam
- Thursday, May 16
- AP World History Exam
- Friday, May 17
- AP Music Exam
- Sunday, May 19
- Graduation (2 PM; Gym)
- Wednesday, May 22
- Semester Tests Day #1
- Thursday, May 23
- Semester Tests Day #2
- Friday, May 24
- Semester Tests Day #3
- Final Day of School
Anything missing? If so, please let me know.
Responsibilities for the Week of April 22-26
- Cafeteria AM— S. Killgore
- Cafeteria PM— L. Hall
- Parking Lot AM— S. Quattlebaum
- Parking Lot PM— J. Teigen
- Lunches— Coaches
- D-Hall— Open (volunteers needed)
- Monday— STUCO; Recap ACCESS/Day of Service
- Tuesday— STUCO; Athletic Signings (R. Sheperd and L. Johnson)
- Wednesday— STUCO; STUCO Election Speeches
- Thursday— Final Family Chapel Day
- Friday— Admin (Aspire Testing Day)
Remember, it is your responsibility to find a replacement if you are unable to cover your assigned duty. Check the cheat sheet for the full duty schedule.
Resources Worth Checking Out For Personal and Professional Growth
4 Values (in rank order)
- Model Christ
- Safety & Security
- School First
- Quality Instruction
Important School Links
Click here for Friday Thoughts archive.