Yesterday, I helped a student narrow down a research paper topic for her online Composition class. Students are to write about a current trend in society, and she wanted to focus on teens leading movements in our society. She’ll do an excellent job on her paper and I can’t wait to read it, but the discussion reminded me of what Shane Claiborne wrote in The Irresistible Revolution that Christian educators should think about every day.
All around you, people will be tiptoeing through life, just to arrive at death safely. But dear children, do not tiptoe. Run, hop, skip, or dance, just don’t tiptoe... God forgive us for all those we have lost because we made the gospel boring. I am convinced that if we lose kids to the culture of drugs and materialism, of violence and war, it’s because we don’t dare them, not because we don’t entertain them. It’s because we make the gospel too easy, not because we make it difficult. Kids want to do something heroic with their lives, which is why they play video games and join the army. But what are they to do with a church that teaches them to tiptoe through life so they can arrive safely at death?
What an opportunity we have everyday to model what it looks like to live out the Gospel every single day! I hope we all take advantage of that and encourage our kids to run, hop, skip, or dance through life and dare them to make a difference.
- The 2018 cheer tryouts are in the books! A big shout-out goes to Rachel Brackens and Dia Watson for leading our cheerleaders. Also, thanks to Kevin Lloyd, Hayden Cruce, and our spring sports coaches for working together to coordinate gym use when the weather was less-than-cooperative.
- It was great having Alexis Ware speak to our students on Monday. A big thanks goes to Kristy Quattlebaum for working with her so that she would be able to speak during our chapel time.
- This week started our final round for our Aspire interim assessments before we take the summative assessments in three weeks, and thanks to Carrie Vick and Janice Northen, testing went great! I’m looking forward to seeing the results, watching teachers share the results with students, and working to get them ready for the big test on April 20. They’re going to do great!
- 2018 CAC Tournament Bracket Challenge update:
- No School (Good Friday)
- Cyber Day #2
- Monday, April 2- Friday, April 6— Math & Science Aspire Interim Assessment #3
- Wednesday, April 4
- Monthly Faculty Meeting (7:30; library)
- Spring Sports Pictures
- Mustang Missions Spirit Day ($2+)
- Thursday, April 5— Drama Club Field Trip (9:30-1:30)
- Friday, April 6
- Cyber Day #2 Assignments Due
- Evening at CAC Partners’ Dinner (6 PM)
- Wednesday, April 11- Friday, April 13— Space Camp (6th Grade)
- Friday, April 20
- Aspire Summative Testing (grades 6-9); 2:00 dismissal
- No School for students 10-12 grades
- Parade of Dates & JR/SR Banquet (6 PM)
Anything missing? If so, please let me know.
Responsibilities for the Week of April 2-6
- Cafeteria AM— B. Spencer
- Cafeteria PM— B. McNair
- Parking Lot AM— S. Quattlebaum
- Parking Lot PM— B. Spencer
- HS Lunch—H. Cruce, D. Sullivan, & B. Spencer
- MS Lunch— A. Kyle, J. Thomas, & T. Shoemaker
- Chapel— Admin
- Monday— Admin
- Tuesday— Admin
- Wednesday— Worshipful Wednesday (C. Tappe)
- Thursday— Intercom Chapel
- Friday— STUCO
- Detention— K. Almond
Remember, it is your responsibility to find a replacement if you are unable to cover your assigned duty. Click to Download PDF of Duty Schedule.
- Wednesday, April 4— Monthly Faculty Meeting (7:30; library)
Resources Worth Checking Out For Personal and Professional Growth
4 Values (in rank order)
- Model Christ
- Safety & Security
- School First
- Quality Instruction
Important School Documents & Links
- ACT Aspire Tutorial Video (password: cacaspire)
- Arkansas Department of Education Professional Development Requirements
- Arkansas Learn360 Online Professional Development Login Page
- Bell Schedules PDF
- Book Distribution and Return Form
- Bus Driving Sign-Up
- CAC Library Online Catalog
- Classroom Observation Rubric (ELEOT)
- Class Sponsors & Meeting Information
- CAC Calendars (Computer Labs & Carts Sign-Up Pages)
- Daily Announcements (CAC Website)
- Copy of Daily Memo & Attendance
- Duty Schedule (Spring 2018)
- ELEOT Classroom Observation Sign-Up
- ELEOT Observation Information & Rubric
- Master Schedule Spring 2018
- Middle School Bell Schedule Chart
- School Policies & Forms (CAC Website)
- Secondary Campus Faculty Appendix
- Semester Evaluation Conference Meeting Sign Up
- Semester Test Schedule
- Sports Schedules— Winter (CAC Website)
- Student Handbook
- Teacher Evaluation Form
- Work Request Form
Click here for Friday Thoughts archive.