Homecoming Week Lessons
Although it’s crazy, Homecoming Week is pretty fun. Our students (and teachers) do an amazing job and really get into it, and it’s awesome seeing everyone having fun and being a community. It’s also a great opportunity to build the skills we want our students to develop each day of the year.
I really enjoy seeing how creative our students get, how excited they are to be at school, and how much fun they have together. Today’s the final day of Homecoming Week, but we have 28 more weeks of school to help students develop these important skills. Let’s have some fun!
- Blake McNair had a pretty awesome week— he got married on Saturday! Congratulations to Blake and Bailey! Getting married definitely deserves a shout-out. Coach McNair will be back at school on Monday— be sure to welcome him back.
- Tamara Hodges and Angie Diles attended the Illinois Reading Council conference this past weekend and had a great time! I’m so thankful they had the opportunity to attend the conference to learn effective reading strategies, share ideas with colleagues, spend time with authors, and talk books. Their passion for reading is such a great influence for our students. Awesome job!
- This has been a CRAZY week for Melissa Leverett and she deserves a HUUUUUUUUUUUGE shout-out for all the work she put in to make this year’s Homecoming Week so awesome! Our STUCO planned like crazy and worked hard each day, and with Ms. Leverett’s leadership, everything was great! I’m looking forward to the pep rally and the events tonight.
- Be sure to check out the CAC Facebook page to see a ton of pictures from this week. Rachel Brackins did a great job of documenting the week and sharing the Homecoming experiences from all three campuses with everyone through social media.
- Our cheerleaders (grades 7th, JH, and HS) have been working hard the past several weeks preparing for Homecoming. Tori Beach, Dia Watson, and Miranda Johnson deserve a huge shout-out for the time they’ve put in working with our cheerleading teams.
- Today— Homecoming Pep Assembly (Click here for today’s bell schedule)
- Monday, October 10— 6th grade field trip to 4-H Center (all day)
- Tuesday, October 11— Special Assembly: The History Show performance by TheatreSquared (same troupe who performed last year's The Poe Show)
- 8:00-8:25 1st Period
- 8:30-8:55 2nd Period
- 9:00-10:03 Chapel Devotional & The History Show
- Regular schedule remainder of the day
- 10:10-10:55 11th Grade US History students will attend History Workshop with actors
- 11:00-11:30 Drama Club students will meet in auditorium for talk-back session with actors (20-30 minutes)
- Wednesday, October 12— End of 1st Nine Weeks Grading Period
- Click here for bell schedule
- 2:00 student dismissal
- 3:30 faculty dismissal
- Thursday, October 13
- Grades finalized in RenWeb by noon
- 6th grade Reader’s Coffee House (1:30)
- Friday, October 14— Parent/Teacher conferences (no school)
- Conference Times 8:00-3:30
- Be sure to schedule conferences for students with academic and/or behavior concerns
- Sign-Up Genius is a great way to schedule conferences
- Monday, October 17— Adjusted Bell Schedule (to lengthen chapel, but preserve 3rd period some)
- 8:00-8:45 1st period (45 minutes)
- 8:50-9:25 2nd period (35 minutes)
- 9:28-10:03 Chapel
- Regular schedule
- Wednesday, October 19
- 10th & 11th Grade PSAT Testing (morning)
- Emergency Drill— 6th period
- Thursday, October 20— Family Chapel Day
- Saturday, October 22— Mustang Scramble Golf Tournament
- Monday, October 24
- Earliest day for Middle School schedule class shift; Other possible day is Monday, October 31 (more details to come)
- Photographer Sarah Reeves will be on campus taking pictures for publications
- Special Chapel Assembly (adjusted schedule)
- 8:00-8:45 1st period
- 8:50-9:35 2nd period
- 9:40-10:25 3rd period
- 10:30-11:15 4th period
- 11:18-11:45 Chapel
- Regular Schedule
Responsibilities for Next Week
- Cafeteria AM— A. Stewart
- Cafeteria PM— C. Sherrill
- Parking Lot AM— A. Diles
- Parking Lot PM— B. McNair
- HS Lunch— B. McNair, J. Gates, & K. Holland
- MS Lunch— T. Beach, T. Hodges, & C. Morse
- Chapel— S. Killgore
- Detention— Admin